About Royal Icing Artist
Prachi Dhabal Deb
Prachi Dhabal Deb is an internationally award winning cake artist from Pune. She has brought justice to her art by making cakes and cookies in the most creative fashion. Her work is crisp and precise with a keen eye for detailing. She has mastered the art of creating royal-looking, luxurious bakes, which are majestic in their appeal and delicious in taste. She can be rightly called the queen of royal icing and her designs would justify the same. Taking inspiration from artistic elements from around the world, Prachi incorporates these in her designs. Her deft execution of the thin but evenly spaced strings of royal icing extension work is an epitome of perfection par excellence.
Prachi was awarded the Cake Masters Royal Icing award for the year 2019 in Birmingham whilst having being nominated for these prestigious international awards in 2017 and 2018 as well.
She specializes in Royal-Icing art and is recognized as the top artist of Royal-icing in India. Royal-icing is a difficult medium to work with and is very fragile. Though highly prestigious, having being used for decorating the cakes for the British royal family, this delicate art requires high amount of patience and skills and finds very limited commercial success worldwide. Being traditionally egg based, the popularity was not much in Indian cake industry as well. Understanding the customer base in India, she knew that to have maximum admirers of her art, she will have to make eggless cakes and royal icing, thus she came up with her own product, Vegan Royal Icing, in association with Sugarin—the same is available across popular online platforms nationally and internationally and has been a huge success.
Apart from being one of the elite group of Cake Artists across the globe, Prachi also is an Internationally acclaimed Judge for various competitions around the world.
Awards & Recognitions-
- Featured in Forbes as one of Modern India’s Game Changers, March 2020.
- Featured in Economic Time as one of ET New makers from India, Nov 2020
- Featured as one of Times Women of Substance, March 2021
- Featured in Forbes India as amongst the WBR Corp UK Ltd 45 Under 45 – India Edition List
- Featured as one of Femina’s Most powerful 2021
- Top 10 Cake Artist Of India 2017 by Cake Masters Magazine India
- Top 10 Cake Artist Of India 2018 By Cake Masters Magazine India
- Indian Cake Awards Judge 2019 for National Level Cake Award show in Mumbai for Indian Cake Industry
- Top 50 Most Influential women in Maharashtra 2019 by Brijbhumi Foundation
- Internationally Renowned Cake Artist award by Zee India Excellence Awards
- Women achiever of Pune for 2020 and 2021 by Lokmat Group
- Felicitated by the Governor of Maharashtra Shri Bhagat Singh Koshyari at the Bharat Leadership Awards July 2021
- Recipient of Silver and Bronze medals at Cake International London April 2016
- Recipient of Silver and Bronze medals at Cake International Birmingham November 2016
- Top 4 Royal Icing Artists Cake Masters Awards Birmingham, 2017
- Top 4 Best Magazine Cover Cake Masters Awards Birmingham, 2017
- Top 4 Royal Icing Artists Cake Masters Awards Birmingham
- Winner of Royal Icing category, Cake Masters Awards, Birmingham, 2019